WHY IT MATTERS
WHY IT MATTERS
Millions of Americans have their identities stolen every year, and reversing the damage can be complicated, time consuming and emotionally devastating. LibertyID’s fully managed identity theft restoration service delivers unmatched value when a victim needs it the most by providing “white glove” concierge service that completes all aspects of the identity theft restoration process for the victim – no matter where it happens.
Monitoring vs Restoration
Less than 17% of identity thefts trigger a credit monitoring alert. The most serious forms of identity theft, like tax-related identity theft, employment identity theft, and criminal identity theft, will not be revealed by credit report monitoring
Are you at Risk
You protect your health, safety and possessions. But what about your identity?
If your ID is Stolen
As an iPSE member, if ID theft occurs, LibertyID will take care of everything for you. Here is also a partial checklist of what you may need to do
WHAT IT IS
WHAT IT IS
LibertyID provides fully managed identity theft restoration (no matter what the issue is), and now they are YOUR resource should anything happen to your identity or the identity of one of your family members – at the mall, the IRS, DMV, EVERYWHERE.
The only thing worse than being a victim of identity theft is having to recover from it by yourself. The time, energy and emotional strain can be overwhelming.
LibertyID carefully examined the identity theft protection industry and found that while identity theft can be minimized, it can never really be eliminated. We are all susceptible to identity theft because our personal information is everywhere.
There are many companies selling “credit and deep web monitoring” and some that even offer an expense reimbursement policy, but those services really do little or nothing to fix the fallout – and if you read the fine print, in the end all they do is provide advice or assistance.
LibertyID is the no-nonsense solution to identity theft. With tens of thousands of success stories and a 100% success rate, you can be confident that should you or any member of your immediate family have any identity theft issue, LibertyID will resolve it for you no matter what it takes – and at no charge to you!
No action is required on your part. This value-added benefit is provided as a part of your iPSE Membership ($199 value).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Much Does Liberty ID cost?
LibertyID is included in your iPSE membership ($199 savings
Is my Spouse and/or Children covered?
LibertyID covers yourself as part of your iPSE membership. However, an iPSE member, Couple and Family coverage is available at a discounted cost
- Couple (Spouse/Partner) - $50.00 a year ($199 savings) – click here to cover your spouse/partner
- Family (your entire family) - $75.00 a year ($324 savings) – click here to cover your family
What does Fully-Managed Identity Theft Restoration include?
We offer Fully Managed Identity Theft Restoration. That means if you’re a LibertyID member and your identity is stolen, you’ll have someone to call who will do the work for you. Our certified restoration specialists could save you hundreds of hours of work by placing fraud alerts, making all the necessary phone calls, filing the disputes and contacting government agencies, creditors, insurance companies and more.
Additionally, using a limited power of attorney, the specialist will:
- Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you.
- Provide you with copies of credit reports from all three credit bureaus and review the reports with you to identify fraudulent activity.
- Initiate single bureau credit monitoring, which will be in place throughout the recovery process and for a full 12 months after your case is resolved.
- Assist you in completing the Identity Theft Affidavit from the Federal Trade Commission to establish your rights as a victim.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and other agencies as needed, to reverse any wrongful information, transactions, or misuse of official documentation as applicable to your case.
- Submit disputes on your behalf to credit card companies, banks, lending institutions, utility companies, cell phone carriers and more.
- Research and document any fraudulent transactions, false accounts, or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc., and follow up to make sure all erroneous information is removed from your credit file.
- Create and maintain a law enforcement grade case file to assist local and federal law enforcement in the prosecution of the perpetrators.
- Research public record databases to find and correct erroneous non-credit related information
- In the event that you lose any of your Personally Identifiable Information (PII), a Restoration Specialist will be available to assist you in addressing and replacing the lost documentation, such as credit cards, licenses, passport, and/or government-issued documents.
- Provide you with a complete copy of your credit report and score from one of the major credit reporting agencies, once per year. You can pull additional copies for an extra fee.
- Monitor your credit for a full 12 months after your case is closed.
Why doesn’t the LibertyID service provide credit report monitoring
- Less than 17% of identity thefts trigger a credit monitoring alert. The most serious forms of identity theft, like tax-related identity theft, employment identity theft, and criminal identity theft, will not be revealed by credit report monitoring. Additionally, there are online companies that offer free credit report monitoring. The bottom line is credit monitoring doesn’t prevent identity theft — no one can prevent identity theft — and may provide a false sense of security. LibertyID believes restoration is the answer to identity theft. However, iPSE also offers a discount to LifeLock which provides monitoring services
- If your identity is stolen, LibertyID will begin monitoring your credit report as soon as we open a case for you. If there is erroneous information related to your stolen identity, your dedicated Restoration Specialist will work diligently to be certain it’s removed and your identity is restored to pre-event status.
What are the different types of identity theft?
- Social Security Identity Theft
- Credit Identity Theft
- Financial Identity Theft
- Driver’s License Identity Theft
- Employment Identity Theft
- Criminal Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft
- Insurance Identity Theft
- Synthetic Identity Theft
- Tax – IRS Identity Theft
- Utility Identity Theft
- Credential Identity Theft
- Veterans Affairs Identity Theft
- Child Support Identity Theft
Does LibertyID require clients to sign a limited power of attorney?
- Yes, but only if a limited power of attorney is required to complete the identity theft restoration. Not all types of identity theft require this step and we only take this step if it is needed to complete the restoration.
What is LibertyID’s experience resolving fakes 1040s filed with the IRS?
- Fake 1040 filings with the IRS is a common form of identity and LibertyID has extensive experience in resolving this type of identity fraud.
How much experience do LibertyID Restoration Specialists have resolving identity theft?
- On average, LibertyID Restoration Specialists have 17 years experience resolving identity theft.